Your life is a result of your decisions and your choices. In life, while you are not always able to control what happens on the outside, you can always choose how you want to respond & what you want to experience. How you respond and what you experience is largely dependent on what meaning you choose to impose on to what is happening. This is a key distinction - no matter the circumstance or situation, you will ALWAYS have the choice as to what something means to you personally and how you want to respond in accordance. Let me give you an example of what I mean.
Let's say tomorrow morning rolls around. Your boss calls you into his/her office and tells you the company is downsizing and unfortunately they will have to 'let you go.' You need to pack up your things and leave immediately. Oh no! What do you do? Firstly it is helpful to look at the facts. The facts are, you are now without a job. How do you choose to respond? You could choose to:
- Respond with anger and start screaming "life isn't fair!"
- See this situation as an opportunity to take that 2 week vacation in Maui you've always talked about.
- Decide this event means you are a failure and you're always going to be a failure.
- Adopt the belief that everything happens for a reason.
- Adopt the belief that 'when one door closes, another door opens.'
- Decide this is a fantastic opportunity to start that business you've always dreamed about.
- Collapse to your knees, raise your hands to the heavens and yell "why me?! Oh God! What did I do wrong?! Why me?!"
- Punch your boss in the face and call him/her an idiot.
- Throw a great big party and celebrate new beginnings.
- Accept what's happened and move on with an open mind about what's to come.
You have the choice as to how you want to experience your life! You will always have options for how you can respond.
Here's the fascinating thing about life. Nothing that happens actually means anything anyway, until YOU choose to make it mean something based on what YOU want to experience! YOU hold the power to decide how you want your life to be. You get to decide what you want to experience. This is free will. YOU are the director of your own movie. The big kahuna, the numero uno decision maker, the head honcho, the big chief, the top dog, the Queen Bee!!
What you create in your life is a result of what YOU choose and YOU decide. Unleash your power! Choose today to only experience that which your heart desires. Choose to experience only the best of what life has to offer. This is what you deserve.